Wednesday 13 May 2009

Telling a Story


I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted on my Blog... *note to self... must try to visit the Blog more regularly*. Off to be part of the Shoot London event on Saturday (16 May 2009). our team is the Lurkrs - Claire (Team Leader), Sheyne (Director of Photography), Jess (Location Manager/Wrangler) and me (Art Director). All the teams will be meeting at Tate Modern and will be given 4 phrases from a story and we have to go off and take 4 photos to represent the 4 phrases. Then all the teams meet back at Tate Modern, their photos are displayed in the Turbine Hall as the full story and some winners are decided from the many photos that have been taken. We are all very excited and looking forward to a fun day out. It's still a bit of a mystery how things will pan out but to help us, and to get some practice, Claire set us an assignment. She gave us a story divided into 4 so that we each had a part we had to represent in 5 or 10 photos. I went for 6 photos - I know, but there was no way I was going to leave out the white pig photo. I couldn't resist playing around with the photos I took and ended up discovering that you can make videos with Picasa... from then on, of course, it was pretty much inevitable... I had to have some music, and some captions... in fact, a video... and this is what I finally ended up with. These are my photos for Part III of the Telling a Story story assignment.

No comments: